Britain’s Next Top Model Eligibility Requirements
Please note: the following eligibility requirements and terms must be met in order to proceed with the application process for BRITAIN’S NEXT TOP MODEL.
- Participants who have previously applied (or who applied for the series before) are welcome to submit new applications for the current series.
- There may be nationwide open casting calls which, if they occur, are tentatively scheduled during February 2017 and March 2017. The Casting Team for Britain’s Next Top Model will be present to do interviews at various locations (locations subject to further additions and deletions and other changes). We are still accepting video auditions sent to our mailing address and you can contact us directly at our website www.bntm.co.uk to get more audition information. If the producers of the Series (the “Producers”) select you for an interview in the Semi-Finals, you must be willing to travel at your own expense to a location (to be determined) in your region of the country.
- If you are selected by the Producers for an interview during the final selection process, you must be willing to travel to London for approximately two days between February (as scheduled by the Producers) as part of the final selection process. The exact date of such interviews may be changed at any time by Producers in their sole discretion. Economy travel (round-trip to London from a major airport/train station nearest your home in the UK) and hotel accommodations (room and tax only excluding all incidental or other charges) will be arranged and paid for by the Producers. Your schedule while in London will be entirely at the Producers’ sole discretion. All dates and locations listed in these eligibility requirements and in the application form are subject to change in the Producers’ sole discretion without notice.
- If selected as a participant, you must be willing to live in a location and in a city as determined by Producers (the “location”) for approximately one month sometime from end of April through to end of May 2017 with approximately ten to twelve other strangers, where you will have little or no privacy. These dates are subject to change by Producers with or without notice. Economy travel to and from the production location will be arranged and paid for by the Producers for participants to travel to the location.
- If you are chosen to be a participant, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer, college, higher education and family in anticipation of your extended absence from home, college or work. Finalists must hold current UK passports, as international travel may be required of all participants.
- The ‘location’ is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in every room of the ‘location’ as well as any and all locations and settings outside of the ‘location’ for the duration of your participation in the Series. You will be observed at all times by the Producers as well as the general public watching on television and possibly the Internet.
- The winner of the Series will be eligible to receive the grand-prize that will include a modeling contract. Producers have the sole discretion to adjust prizes without notice.
- You must be 5’8 or above and aged 18 to 23 years of age at the time of application.
- Important note: Participants must be all female.
- You must be a United Kingdom citizen with the right to live and work in the UK. Producers reserve the right to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. 1
- We prefer that you do not have previous experience as a model in a national advertising campaign within the last two (2) years (including, but not limited to, appearances on television and print advertisements), but we reserve the right to accept any candidate with any amount of experience. Producers reserve the right to make any exceptions. Additionally, if you are currently represented by an agent or manager and are selected to be interviewed for the Series, you must provide sufficient evidence to the Producers that such representation is non-exclusive and nothing will prevent you from fully accepting any modeling contract prize or performing the obligations of such prize. Producers reserve the right to require you to terminate such representation. If selected to participate in the Series, you must terminate, prior to your participation, any representation which conflicts with the terms of your participation, but you may be asked to terminate such representation before final decisions are made on the final group of participants or you may be asked to make such other arrangements that will allow you, in Producers’ sole discretion, to participate in the Series. Producers, Thumbs Up Productions, A&E Network and Lifetime UK and any entity or person related to the Series are not responsible or liable in connection with any termination of such representation by an agent or manager or other representative and you terminate such relationships at your own risk.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health and willing to produce a medical note which supports this.
- You understand and agree that you may be required to pose and be photographed or videotaped while clothed, partially clothed or naked.
- If you are selected to be interviewed, you will be given, and must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview in London) a Medical History Form.
- If selected as a finalist you must complete a participant package, which will be presented to you by the Producers and will include among other things, release forms and waivers for you and your immediate family. If selected for interviews, you must also submit to physical and mental examinations by medical professional(s) in London selected by the Producers and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
- By applying for participation in the show, you authorize the Producers to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producers.
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of CBS Corporation, The A&E television network, Thumbs Up Productions, Lifetime UK Inc., and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, partners, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants in the Series or participate in the application process.
- Have you or any person you know ever been (in the past as opposed to now) an employee, agent or representative of CBS, Thumbs Up Productions or A&E, Lifetime UK or any of their licensees, assigns, parents, affiliates or subsidiaries? If yes, please give relevant details.
- Applicants will be chosen from across the United Kingdom for an approximate total of nine to fourteen finalists and possibly two standbys’. The Producers reserve the right to change any of the eligibility requirements and terms, including the terms of any prizes to be awarded, at any time and without notice.
- The Producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the Series as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the Series, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure approximately two months in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.
- All materials you send us (including videos and photos) will be retained by the Producers and become the property of the Producers and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant. Any expenses you incur during the application process including postage, shipping and materials preparation (making video content, photos, etc.) are your sole responsibility. The Producers will not reimburse you for these expenses. Only one application per person is allowed. All decisions of the Producers are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry or appeal.
- If you are selected for the Semi-Finals, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the Semi Finals (if any) are scheduled. If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the application and production schedule. If you are selected to be a participant, we will endeavor to give you at least one week’s notice prior to your move-in day into the ‘location’.
- The Producers reserve the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts such interviews, or to not produce the Series at all.
Good luck! Don’t forget to check back on the Series’ official website at www.bntm.co.uk
BRITAINS NEXT TOP MODEL is the hit reality series that gives everyday people across the nation the opportunity to compete for a grand prize which includes a modeling contract with a top agency or management company. Some of the fashion world’s most well-known experts will judge these participants. Producers of the Series will conduct a nationwide search to find approximately nine to fourteen top contenders who will compete for the coveted grand prize and have the dream of a lifetime come true. Over a period of several weeks, the lucky participants will go through intensive training in the modeling field. They will be trained by some of the top modeling experts in the world…experts who will teach them about fashion, runway skills, physical fitness and publicity. During this entire time, the participants will live under one roof in a ‘location’ that is equipped with cameras and microphones to record their every move, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. In addition, the participants will be evaluated on a regular basis by an elite panel of judges. These judges, which will include high profile fashion industry gurus, will narrow the field week-to-week until one lucky winner will be chosen…a winner who will become BRITAINS’S NEXT TOP MODEL.
BNTM Competition Terms & Conditions
The Promoter and Prize Provider of this “Britain’s Next Top Model trip to Cape Verde” competition (“the Competition”) is The Resort Group PLC, 23 Ocean Village, Gibraltar, GX11 1AA. The Resort Group PLC is the company that in these terms and conditions is called “we” or “us”.
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
These Terms and Conditions apply to this Competition and if you choose to enter the Competition they form a legally binding agreement between you and us. Please note that we are entitled to amend the Competition Terms and Conditions without notice, providing an alternative Prize of equal or higher value where this is necessary in our reasonable opinion for legal or administrative reasons. Any changes to the Competition Terms and Conditions will be set out on this webpage.
Although this Competition is run by The Resort Group PLC, the terms and conditions of Lifetime or AETN UK and any other third party also apply and must be accepted and complied with by each Winner. These include but are not limited to compliance with any age restrictions and/or health and safety regulations which apply whilst the Winner and their companion(s) enjoys any element of the Prize, are being filmed and/or are taking part in any other promotional activity.
For all queries or issues, please contact: The Resort Group PLC, 23 Ocean Village, Gibraltar, GX11 1AA.
We reserve the right to verify your eligibility and to check your identity. All personal details & information you supply must be truthful and accurate. If selected as a Winner you will be asked for proof of your identity and/or your eligibility, your failure to provide such proof in accordance with the timescales set out herein WILL result in your disqualification from the Competition.
The Competition is open to residents of the UK only and excludes employees (and their families) of The Resort Group PLC and their associated companies. Entrants must be aged 18 or over on or before the date of travel.
Any person who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions will be excluded from access to the Competition or disqualified from the Competition.
How to Enter & Competition Rules
Entries can only be submitted by visiting either www. bikinibeachclub.com/BNTM, www.theresortgroupplc.com/BNTM or www.lifetime.co.uk/ where there will be a competition box with a question and a choice of answers. To enter you must select an answer to the question, agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and provide your name and email address (the “Entry” or “Entries”).
There is a maximum of one Entry per entrant, any duplicate Entries will be discarded.
Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, third parties, syndicates, macros or other automated means, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full, will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition to generate additional entries in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries not properly received, incomplete or delayed due to technical problems.
The #BNTMCapeVerde Experience will consist of:
- 4 x Return flights from London to Sal Island
- Airport taxes and surcharges.
- 7 nights luxurious 5* villa accommodation on Sal Island
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner on Resort for four people.
- Return private transfers from the airport to the Resort for four people.
- Four tickets to a signature Bikini Beach Club event including VIP Heaven experience and free drinks to a maximum spend at the discretion of management.
Please note that transport between the Winners’ home and the airport is the responsibility of the Winner. If you are The Winner of this prize, you are responsible for your own visas, passports and meeting entry requirements and you and your party must be over 18 on or before the date of travel.
The meals included above may have a specified maximum spend attached to them, if you are the Winner of this #BNTMCapeVerde Competition Prize will be notified of this prior to travel.
It is your responsibility to advise us of any circumstances that may prevent you and/or your companion from participating in any element of the Prize you have been awarded, including but not limited to dietary requirements, medical conditions or personal circumstance.
Once we have verified each Winner’s eligibility (“Confirmation Date”), we will confirm all arrangements connected to the delivery and enjoyment of their Prize.
All arrangements and travel must be completed by 4th March 2018.
All the Prizes are subject to availability and cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred, or used in conjunction with any other offer. Please note that availability may exclude peak season dates such as school holidays and Christmas. No cash alternative or refund for unused portions of the Prizes is available. The Provider reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
We accept no responsibility for hotels / packages / activities / airlines etc. being withdrawn or amended, but we will endeavour to offer a suitable alternative of equal standard.
We won’t be liable if any of the details or notifications fail to reach you or you cannot accept them for reasons beyond our control.
If you are the Winner of this Competition you agree that you and your companions will allow us to use your name(s) and picture(s) (if applicable) in marketing and publicity undertaken by us, which may be in more than one country and which may be in a number of media, for example, print, television, internet.
A list of winners full names and counties is available by sending a self-addressed envelope to The Resort Group PLC at the address at the top of these Terms and Conditions within three months of the Closing Date.
Competition Dates & Selection of Winners
The Competition opens on the 4th May 2017 and closes at 12:00 (midday) on 22nd May 2017. Any entries received after 12:00 on 22nd May 2017 will not be entered.
Within five days of this date all Entries will be collated (“the Collated Entries”). From the Collated Entries, only those with a correct answer will be put forward for selection to win a Prize. Selection of 1 prize winner will be made at random from the correct Collated Entries (“the Winners”).
The decision of who is selected at random by us is final, and no correspondence or discussion concerning how the Winners were selected and then how the Prizes are allocated will be entered into.
The Winner will be contacted by email within 5 days of the random draw and their eligibility to enter the Competition confirmed.
If you are selected as the Winner but after entering the Competition subsequently delete your email account, we will not be able to contact you to award you the Prize and another Winner may be selected.
Each Winner will have 10 days after notification in which to prove to The Resort Group PLC by email that they are eligible to accept their prize.
Failure to verify eligibility within this time-limit will result in a Winner forfeiting their prize.
Failure by a Winner to meet the eligibility requirements will result in their entry being invalid and we reserve the right (but are under no obligation) to select a replacement Winner from the Collated Entries. Alternative Winners may have a shorter time period to respond with their proof of eligibility and this will be stated in our request for proof of eligibility email.
Eligibility to win the Prize is subject to you and your Entry’s compliance with these Competition Terms & Conditions. If you are a Winner and we subsequently discover that you have breached these Competition Terms & Conditions (such breach to include but not be limited to you providing inaccurate personal information) you will be disqualified from receiving the Prize.
Use of Personal Details
We will use your personal details to enter you into the Competition.
If, when entering into this Competition you agreed to receive future updates from us, you agree that your details can be used for commercial & promotional purposes by The Resort Group PLC and any associated businesses, without the need for us to verify your details.
If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Provider which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Provider may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Provider and which prevents the Provider from complying with these terms and conditions the Provider will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
We (The Provider) and associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions removes or limits our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by the law. Nor do these Terms and Conditions affect the rights that are granted to you as a consumer by the law.
We will not be liable to you if you suffer loss or inconvenience because of the failures of persons or systems that we do not directly control – for example, mobile phone network operators, internet service and/or software providers.
Nor will we be liable to you if after the Confirmation Date you cannot accept the Prize for reasons beyond our control.
If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.