Britain’s Next Top Model Eligibility Requirements
Please note: the following eligibility requirements and terms must be met in order to proceed with the application process for BRITAINS NEXT TOP MODEL (the “Series”).
- Participants who have previously applied (or who applied for the series before) are welcome to submit new applications for the current series.
- There may be nationwide open casting calls which, if they occur, are tentatively scheduled during November-December 2017. The Casting Team for Britain’s Next Top Model will be present to do interviews at various locations (locations subject to further additions and deletions and other changes). We are still accepting video auditions sent to our mailing address and you can contact us directly at our website www.bntm.co.uk to get more audition information. If the producers of the Series (the “Producers”) select you for an interview in the Semi-Finals, you must be willing to travel at your own expense to a location (to be determined) in your region of the country.
- If you are selected by the Producers for an interview during the final selection process, you must be willing to travel to London for approximately two days between November-December 2017 (as scheduled by the Producers) as part of the final selection process. The exact date of such interviews may be changed at any time by Producers in their sole discretion. Economy travel (roundtrip to London from a major airport/train station nearest your home in the UK) and hotel accommodations (room and tax only excluding all incidental or other charges) will be arranged and paid for by the Producers. Your schedule while in London will be entirely at the Producers’ sole discretion. All dates and locations listed in these eligibility requirements and in the application form are subject to change in the Producers’ sole discretion without notice.
- If selected as a participant, you must be willing to live in a location and in a city as determined by Producers (the “location”) for approximately one month sometime between February – March 2018 with approximately ten to twelve other strangers, where you will have little or no privacy. These dates are subject to change by Producers with or without notice. Economy travel to and from the production location will be arranged and paid for by the Producers for participants to travel to the location.
- If you are chosen to be a participant, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer, college, higher education and family in anticipation of your extended absence from home, college or work. Finalists must hold current UK passports, as international travel may be required of all participants.
- The ‘location’ is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in every room of the ‘location’ as well as any and all locations and settings outside of the ‘location’ for the duration of your participation in the Series. You will be observed at all times by the Producers as well as the general public watching on television and possibly the Internet.
- The winner of the Series will be eligible to receive the grand-prize that will include a modeling contract. Producers have the sole discretion to adjust prizes without notice.
- You must be 5’8 or above and aged 18 to 23 years of age at the time of application.
- Important note: Participants must be all female.
- You must be a United Kingdom citizen with the right to live and work in the UK. Producers reserve the right to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. 1
- We prefer that you do not have previous experience as a model in a national advertising campaign within the last two (2) years (including, but not limited to, appearances on television and print advertisements), but we reserve the right to accept any candidate with any amount of experience. Producers reserve the right to make any exceptions. Additionally, if you are currently represented by an agent or manager and are selected to be interviewed for the Series, you must provide sufficient evidence to the Producers that such representation is non-exclusive and nothing will prevent you from fully accepting any modeling contract prize or performing the obligations of such prize. Producers reserve the right to require you to terminate such representation. If selected to participate in the Series, you must terminate, prior to your participation, any representation which conflicts with the terms of your participation, but you may be asked to terminate such representation before final decisions are made on the final group of participants or you may be asked to make such other arrangements that will allow you, in Producers’ sole discretion, to participate in the Series. Producers, Thumbs Up Productions, A&E Network and Lifetime UK and any entity or person related to the Series are not responsible or liable in connection with any termination of such representation by an agent or manager or other representative and you terminate such relationships at your own risk.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health and willing to produce a medical note which supports this.
- You understand and agree that you may be required to pose and be photographed or videotaped while clothed, partially clothed or naked.
- If you are selected to be interviewed, you will be given, and must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview in London) a Medical History Form.
- If selected as a finalist you must complete a participant package, which will be presented to you by the Producers and will include among other things, release forms and waivers for you and your immediate family. If selected for interviews, you must also submit to physical and mental examinations by medical professional(s) in London selected by the Producers and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
- By applying for participation in the show, you authorize the Producers to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producers.
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of CBS Corporation, The A&E television network, Thumbs Up Productions, Lifetime UK Inc., and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, partners, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants in the Series or participate in the application process.
- Have you or any person you know ever been (in the past as opposed to now) an employee, agent or representative of CBS, Thumbs Up Productions or A&E, Lifetime UK or any of their licensees, assigns, parents, affiliates or subsidiaries? If yes, please give relevant details.
- Applicants will be chosen from across the United Kingdom for an approximate total of nine to fourteen finalists and possibly two standbys’. The Producers reserve the right to change any of the eligibility requirements and terms, including the terms of any prizes to be awarded, at any time and without notice.
- The Producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the Series as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the Series, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure approximately two months in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.
- All materials you send us (including videos and photos) will be retained by the Producers and become the property of the Producers and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant. Any expenses you incur during the application process including postage, shipping and materials preparation (making video content, photos, etc.) are your sole responsibility. The Producers will not reimburse you for these expenses. Only one application per person is allowed. All decisions of the Producers are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry or appeal.
- If you are selected for the Semi-Finals, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the Semi Finals (if any) are scheduled. If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the application and production schedule. If you are selected to be a participant, we will endeavor to give you at least one week’s notice prior to your move-in day into the ‘location’.
- The Producers reserve the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts such interviews, or to not produce the Series at all.
Good luck! Don’t forget to check back on the Series’ official website at www.bntm.co.uk
BRITAINS NEXT TOP MODEL is the hit reality series that gives everyday people across the nation the opportunity to compete for a grand prize which includes a modeling contract with a top agency or management company. Some of the fashion world’s most well-known experts will judge these participants. Producers of the Series will conduct a nationwide search to find approximately nine to fourteen top contenders who will compete for the coveted grand prize and have the dream of a lifetime come true. Over a period of several weeks, the lucky participants will go through intensive training in the modeling field. They will be trained by some of the top modeling experts in the world…experts who will teach them about fashion, runway skills, physical fitness and publicity. During this entire time, the participants will live under one roof in a ‘location’ that is equipped with cameras and microphones to record their every move, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. In addition, the participants will be evaluated on a regular basis by an elite panel of judges. These judges, which will include high profile fashion industry gurus, will narrow the field week-to-week until one lucky winner will be chosen…a winner who will become BRITAINS’S NEXT TOP MODEL.